Hey lovelies! Although I'm pretty much a photography-newbie, one thing that's definitely helped me up my photography game in blogging are props. To be honest, most of the time the main props I tend to use are all my cacti and plants (because I have a wholeeee lot of those haha!) but this December I've been loving spicing up my photos with Christmassy props and so that's what I thought I'd show you today. There are so many amazing and inexpensive props you probably all have around the house and so hopefully this post will help any of you out who are looking for some festive props to add to your photos this year!
01. Christmas Magazines - Magazines around this time of year are always filled with gorgeous aesthetic images and so are the perfect thing to add to your blog photos. You can choose pages that reflect the post and re-use the magazine over and over.
02. Tinsel - Gotta have a good bit of tinsel lying around the house right? I love the way this brightens up my photos.
03. Patterned Pyjamas - Adding a splash of red to your photos is another great way to make them look more festive.
04. Candy Canes - I don't know what it is about these, but they look so aesthetically pleasing in photos are a gorgeous way to add a bit of festivity to your photos. Plus, you can eat them after of course hehe!
05. Wrapping Paper - I have found some lovely Christmas wrapping papers this year and so why not get a bit extra use out of them and use them as photo backgrounds. Make sure to use matte ones though, so you don't get that annoying shine in photos!
06. Baubles - Got a few extra from your tree? Baubles work great, sprinkled about a flatlay.
07. Scarves - I'm sure everyone has a few of these stored in their wardrobe during the Winter and they're the perfect way to add a bit of texture to your photos. I usually position these going across my photos and overlapping.
08. Christmas Wreaths - I found all sorts of small bits and pieces like this in the wreath-making section of hobbycraft for just a pound each. They're artificial (so you'll get a lot of use out of them each year!) and really do scream Christmas.
09. Glitter/Streams – I sprinkled these in the main photo above and they are amazing for adding a little more detail and fun to your photos.
10. Hot Chocolate – Can you think of a more Christmassy drink? Drinks in mugs can look great in photos to add a more lifestyle-themed element to it, just don’t spill it if you’re using a white background aha!
11. Pinecones – Enough said, these are so easy to find and can look so cute in a little pile in flatlays.
12. Wrapped Presents – I’m sure by this time you might have quite a few of these under the tree, but wrapped presents work as amazing photo props. You can see the ones I used in the picture above.
13. Decorative Beads – I love layering these, particularly in flat lay photos, they’re always sure to add a pop of colour and texture to my pictures.
14. Fairy Lights – I don’t know why I don’t use these enough in my regular blog photos, because they are such an effective prop. They’re so beautiful and can brighten up any photo instantly!
15. Christmas Cards – You might remember me using these quite a bit in my photos, and I don’t doubt I’ll be using them as props in upcoming photos too! Such a simple way to add a festive touch to your picture backgrounds.
QOTD: WHAT COLOUR BAUBLES DO YOU HANG ON YOUR TREE?
My family always goes for a classic red and gold theme!