Is it too late to say Merry Christmas now guys? Aw I hope you had a Fab Christmas anyway! I'd love to hear how you guys spent your Christmas in the comments (We had the whole family round, opening pressies and the spent the rest of the evening chilling out and playing classic family board games) I think I had an extreme overdose of Quality Streets too! Now it's kind of got to that time in-between Christmas and the excitement of New Year, and I'm not really sure what to do with myself. Then, I spotted some cookie cutters and thought, why not do some baking? These Cinnamon Cookies are the perfect treat for this time- not too Christmassy, but perfect for a cold Winter evening!
You will need:
- 150g of Self-raising Flour
- 150g of Plain Flour
- 125g of Plain Butter
- 2 Tsp of Ground Cinnamon (you guys know how much I love my cinnnamon!)
- 100g of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Some Cookie Cutters
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (Gas Mark 3)
2. Sift your Flour and Cinnamon into a bowl.
3. Cream together your butter and sugar in a separate bowl until smooth, then add an egg and mix well.
4. Stir the dry ingredients in to form a firm dough. Then roll on a lightly floured board to roughly 5mm thickness and cut little shapes out. (I chose to do little hearts!)
5. Place them on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 mins or until they're a golden brown. Let them cool and harden, then dust a little icing sugar on and enjoy!
Thanks for reading! Wow, I just realised the next time I talk to you guys it will be next year! That's crazy. This has been my first year with this blog and I am so happy that I will be going into the New Year with it; all your comments over this time have honestly meant so much to me and I hope 2016 makes my little space on the web grow even more. Thank you for making this year so special, and I'll see you on the other side!
QOTD: WHAT ARE YOUR NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS?